First Aid - Poisonous Plants
This plant irritates the skin, from its sap so if you break an parts of the plant.
It will free the sap which if in contact with the skin either directly or not will give you much to scratch.
This sap can stick to clothes, shoes, tools, food baskets, etc. even to the hands who touch you who were in contact with the plant.
So if you have had contact with this plant or know someone who has had contacts, better be very careful.
Botanists know well this plant and ALWAYS have in their bag some
bicarbonate of soda as well as a piece of "Castile soap" which produce an abundant foam that neutralises the poison effect.
The first thing to do when you realize it could be a Poison Ivy case, by feeling some pricking that turns into burning sensation. Don't scratch, but foam yourself crazy with the "castile soap" foam then finish with #soda a pate#. Alcohol solutions, & lead acetate give very good results.*
You MUST MAKE SURE not to spread the sap, but only dab to stoop up with a cloth or cotton wool in order to take off the liquid.
If you can use rubber gloves to avoid getting sap on you, Get to the doctor as fast as you can, if you have no antidote such as the one above
NEAR THE POISON IVY IS THE ANTIDOTE PLANT. It grows in the same area within a few feet of one another so check it out.