POISONING & UNIVERSAL ANTIDOTE.
Many children accidentally absorb poison,yet few parents know of this simple universal antidote. You should have it home.
Two parts of wood charcoal pulverised (you can also use burned toast, yet the toast must be totally carbonized & pulverised) Then add 1 part of magnesia milk & 1 part of very strong tea.
If your child has swallowed a toxic product, give him as FAST as you can in a little bit of water at least 2 table spoons of this mixture.
How does it work: If the poison is metallic or alkaline, the tannic acid contained in the tea will neutralise it. If the poison is acid,the magnesia will neutralise it. The wood charcoal even at very little dose, can absorb very strong quantities of toxic. When you have given the antidote & call doctor, you have 3 things to do;
1: Discover the nature of the poison, keep the bottle or the box so that the doctor can quickly identify it.
2: Except in case where the child had taken soap or some alkaline presenting burns around the mouth, make him vomit. To do this; the best procedure is to give him, a glass of milk in which you have mix a full broken egg (no shell). When he has drunk this mixture, thrust one finger in his throat.
3: Give him another antidote mixture dose
4: Act quickly,some toxic can bring death in 5 min. Usually the doctor is not equipped to treat poisoning home, so bring the child to the nearest hospital, after having used the Universal Antidote.
Many children die from swallowing things that are poisonous. To protect your children, take the following precautions:
Keep all poisons out of reach of children:
Never keep kerosene, gasoline, or other poisons in cola or soft drink bottles, because children may try to drink them.
SOME COMMON POISONS TO WATCH OUT FOR:
- rat poison
- DDT, lindane, sheep dip, and other insecticides or plant poisons
- medicine (any kind when much is swallowed; take special care with iron pills)
- tincture of iodine
- rubbing or wood alcohol
- poisonous leaves, seeds, berries, or mushrooms
- castor beans
- kerosene, paint thinner, gasoline, petrol, lighter fluid
- lye or caustic soda
- salt if too much is given to babies and small children
- spoiled food
If you suspect poisoning, do the following immediately:
- If the child is awake and alert, make him vomit. Put your finger in his throat or give him a tablespoon of syrup of ipecac) followed by 1 glass of water. Or make him drink water with mild soap or salt in it (6 teaspoons salt to 1 cup water).
- If you have it, give him a cup of activated charcoal , or a tablespoon of powdered charcoal mixed into a glass of water. (For an adult, give 2 glasses of this mixture.)
CAUTION: Do not make a person vomit if he has swallowed kerosene, gasoline (petrol), or strong acids or corrosive substances (lye), or if he is unconscious. If he is awake and alert, give him plenty of water or milk to dilute the poison. (For a child, give 1 glass of water every 15 minutes.)
Cover the person if he feels cold, but avoid too much heat. If poisoning is severe, look for medical help.